A local celebrity’s younger brother was arrested Tuesday after violating probation from a previous drug charge.

Devon Charles Lochte, the younger brother of Olympian, reality TV character and UF alumnus Ryan Lochte, was arrested Tuesday by Alachua County Sheriff’s deputies for a violation of probation after a urine sample tested positive for chemicals found in marijuana.

On Valentine’s Day 2012, Gainesville Police arrested the 23-year-old UF student on charges of marijuana possession and intent to sell. Earlier in the year, he sold about two grams of weed to a source with the Gainesville Alachua County Drug Task Force, according to court records. He was later sentenced to two years of drug offender probation in March 2013.

A drug test in January revealed he violated his probation, according to records. Lochte’s urine sample tested positive for chemicals found in marijuana called Cannabinoids. However, he denied using weed after the test results came out, according to records.

As part of his probation, Lochte is required to donate money to a local substance abuse treatment center, participate in a rehabilitation course and complete 200 hours of community service. As of Jan. 22, Lochte completed 61 community service hours and had not made the donation. He completed the rehabilitation requirement last year.

Officers booked Lochte into the Alachua County Jail Tuesday morning. He was released Wednesday afternoon on his own recognizance.

[A version of this story ran on page 4 on 2/6/2014 under the headline "Little Lochte violates probation"]