<p>Drayton</p>

Drayton

A man accused of breaking into a neighbor’s apartment and breaking a TV didn’t stop there. He proceeded to throw trash on her bed and clothing around the room.

Gainesville Police arrested Garrett Lamar Drayton, 27, of Gainesville, on a warrant Saturday for breaking into the apartment on Dec. 2, according to an arrest report.

At about 12:01 a.m., Drayton forced the victim’s apartment door open while she was not home at Gardenia Gardens Apartments, at 1727 NE Eight Ave., the report said.

Drayton went into the living room, threw the victim’s laundry all over the floor and knocked over her TV, the report said.

He then grabbed multiple full trash bags from her front porch and broke them over her bed.

Drayton also poured a bottle of MCT oil on her bed and TV, the report said. The TV was worth $200.

After, Drayton texted the victim, “Clean up yo house dat s--- a mess,” the report said. She rushed home and texted him she was going to call the police.

When she went to her front porch, she saw Drayton outside his apartment in the same complex, the report said. Police found Drayton nearby.

Drayton was charged with burglary of a residence, criminal mischief and resisting an officer without violence, the report said.

He remained in the Alachua County Jail Sunday in lieu of an $80,000 bond.

Correction: This article was updated to include the correct photo of Drayton. The Alligator previously reported differently. 

Drayton