Demonstrators take to streets across nation over family separation (Photos)

<p><span>Participants in the Keep Families Together March walk down Pennsylvania Ave on Saturday June 30. P</span><span>articipants marched from Lafayette Square to the National Mall, passing the Department of Justice in the process.</span></p>

Participants in the Keep Families Together March walk down Pennsylvania Ave on Saturday June 30. Participants marched from Lafayette Square to the National Mall, passing the Department of Justice in the process.

Hundreds of thousands of people nationwide turned out to protest family separations on Saturday. Here are some of the best photos from both the D.C. protest as well as Gainesville. 

March2

A protester greets those participating in the Keep Families Together March while standing in front of the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. on Saturday June 30. March participants marched from Lafayette Square to the National Mall, passing locations such as the hotel and the Department of Justice.

March3

Hannah Gutman, 25, leads Gainesville marchers in a chant by shouting "Tell me what democracy looks like," to which the crowd replied, "This is what democracy looks like!"

March4

A crowd marches across West University Avenue toward South Main Street during the “Families Belong Together” Alachua County March on Saturday afternoon. The protest was a response to the Trump administration policies that have separated families at the U.S.-Mexico border and placed children in vulnerable positions.

March5

Alachua County residents chant and hold signs protesting the separation of children and families at the U.S.-Mexico border during a march on Saturday afternoon.

March6

A protester holds up a sign in reference to first lady Melania Trump's jacket as a police officer arrives to block traffic for the marchers.

March7

Protesters chant together on the steps of Gainesville City Hall, before the “Families Belong Together” Alachua County March begins on Saturday afternoon.

March8

Anne Haisley, 78, and Phillip Haisley, 84, hold a banner supporting unity with another marcher at the top of the steps of Gainesville City Hall before the “Families Belong Together” Alachua County March begins.

March9

Protesters walk onto Depot Park and cheer as a Regional Transit System bus honks its approval for the march and Gainesville Police blocks traffic.