<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-546f1e44-7fff-1c52-0ba5-c821823529f9"><span>James Wayne Bowen</span></span></p>

James Wayne Bowen

A Gainesville barbershop co-owner was one of seven men arrested during a child sex sting operation in Volusia County.

James Wayne Bowen, 34, the co-owner of Bob’s Barber Shop, at 1205 NW 23rd Ave., is accused of trying to meet a 14-year-old girl for sex at a RaceTrac gas station in Deltona, according to a Volusia County Sheriff’s Office news release.  

He was arrested early Sunday morning, according to footage released by the sheriff’s office. 

The seven men were arrested in several parking lots in Volusia County from Wednesday to Sunday, the release said. Bowen is accused of sending sexual texts to a detective, who he believed was a 14-year-old girl.

Bowen, at the time of his arrest, was wearing a shirt that read, “I would cuddle you so much harder.” 

Bowen told deputies he came to the gas station because he knew about the sting and thought it would be cool to see it in action, the release said. 

A Bob’s Barber Shop representative could not immediately be reached for comment.

Bowen was charged with using a computer to lure a child, traveling to lure a child, attempted lewd and lascivious battery and using a two-way communications device to commit a felony. He is being held in the Volusia County Jail in lieu of a $40,000 bond. 

Contact Amanda Rosa at arosa@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @AmandaNicRosa

James Wayne Bowen