Gameday Girlboss: How a UF alumna innovated tailgate fashion

<p dir="ltr"><span>JaneHudson owner Kristin Celano in the JaneHudson “Betty” T-shirt dress</span></p><p><span> </span></p>

JaneHudson owner Kristin Celano in the JaneHudson “Betty” T-shirt dress

Kristin Celano’s passion for the Gators motivated her fashion business.

“The university gave me so much during my undergraduate experience, and now as an alum, I feel incredibly fortunate to call UF my home,” she said.

Celano, a 36-year-old UF alumna in public relations and business administration, graduated in 2004 and moved on to start a gameday fashion company, JaneHudson, in 2016. The company was inspired by her experiences as a student struggling to find fashionable orange and blue clothing.

“Orange and blue is a tough color combination to find, and even tougher one to nail,” Celano said.

When doing research, she noticed the market was limited to T-shirts with logos, which Celano said lacked a sense of style. Her clothing line offers dresses, tops and skirts that come in the colors of around 95 state universities for around $75 to $110.

JaneHudson products can be found at Ilene’s Gator Store and Alumni Hall shops. Her goal is to open her own store in Gainesville.  

Whenever she gets the chance, 2004 University of South Florida graduate Beth Finlay loves to attend Bulls football games, preferably in a comfortable dress.

“It reminds me of all of the fun times and memories I had,” Finlay said. “I like the dresses because they’re loose and fun, you can dress it up with a fun necklace or it looks good with flats too.”