crime
crime

A Gainesville man was charged by Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputies Sunday with robbery after pushing a woman to the ground.

Lee

Lee

34-year-old Reinner Omar Lee reportedly approached the woman on Southwest 13th Street Sunday afternoon and snatched her cellphone and approximately $23 in cash. Lee pushed the woman to the ground in the process, according to the police report. The woman suffered minor injuries after her fall.

Lee fled the scene of the incident but was apprehended a short distance away. Under investigation, law enforcement found several small baggies of cocaine that were tested with a field kit, according to the report.

The woman identified Lee during his arrest. Video surveillance corroborated the woman’s narrative of the incident. The woman told police Lee was an acquaintance of hers, but she wanted to press charges against him.

Lee was charged with battery of the second or subsequent offense, a third-degree felony, cocaine possession with intent to sell, a second-degree felony, robbery by sudden snatching, a third-degree felony and possession of drug equipment, a misdemeanor.

Lee remains in Alachua County Jail in lieu of $165,500 bond. He was appointed a public defender who was not able to be reached for comment.