August 28 is Election Day for the 2018 primary elections. The Alachua County Democratic Party hosted a public forum for Democratic cabinet member candidates Wednesday to discuss their campaigns.
During the 2015-2016 school year, fourth grade African American students at Joseph Williams Elementary School were at a 37 percent passing rate for reading, while white students in the same grade were passing at 98 percent.
When Gainesville Police officer Ed Ratliff and his K-9 partner, Ace, patrolled along Southeast Eighth Avenue, they weren’t expecting to find their first suspect as a solo team.
The City of Gainesville has announced a tree team to develop an urban forest management plan to act as a roadmap that will enhance the city’s current tree canopy, which is the layer of tree brush that covers the city when viewed from above, and maximize its ability to provide benefits for al…
Eight men sat along a wooden table. In front of them, 96 hot dogs waited. Behind them, a golden trophy and a belt fit for a champion motivated them. They were eating to win.
Local & National Stories
- The City of Gainesville holds 19th Annual Fourth of July Celebration
- She protested separation of immigrant families. Hours later, she feared being separated from her own family.
- Residents spend patriotic evening on Flavet Field (photos)
- Demonstrators take to streets across nation over family separation (Photos)
- Online program prepares pro se litigants
- Potholes plague Gainesville
- Rolling Thunder holds annual poker run
- Summer camp helps kids face fears, aids UF researchers
- Florida residents capture lionfish for challenge
- Buchholz HS choir performs at Carnegie Hall
- Matheson History Museum to open sports exhibit
- Newly opened brewery hosting Harn on Tap event
- Study shows Florida has highest skin cancer diagnosis rates
- Business owner benefits from entrepreneur program