<p>McMahon</p>

McMahon

A man put his wife in a chokehold because she wouldn’t have sex with him Thursday, deputies said.

At about 11 a.m., a woman told a deputy that her husband, Jacob McMahon, 23, of Gainesville, tried to hold her down and have sex with her, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrest report. After she refused, he told her he was going to get what he wanted.

She said she began crying and tried to get up, but McMahon threw a mirror at her, the report said. When she tried pushing him away, McMahon hit and shoved her.

She broke the bedroom window to get away, but he put her in a chokehold, the report said. McMahon also hit himself with a shoe and said he would send her to jail.

A witness told deputies that when she went inside, she saw McMahon standing over his wife while she was curled up in the corner of the room, the report said.

His wife had a bruise and a red mark near her left eye, a nosebleed and blood on her lips and hands, the report said.

McMahon told the deputy she was high, and when he refused to have sex with her she “went crazy” and struck him repeatedly in the head, the report said.

He was charged with domestic battery by strangulation and false imprisonment, the report said.

McMahon remains in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $75,000 bond.

McMahon