<p>Hooks</p>

Hooks

A man already in jail for cocaine possession has been given additional charges for sending sexual messages on Facebook to a girl under 16 years old.

On July 24, the victim’s mother told deputies about a Facebook thread between the victim and Michael Avery Hooks, 26, of Gainesville, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrest report.

From July 1 to July 24, Hooks and the victim messaged about sexual encounters, the report said. The victim also sent photos of her vagina and a video that couldn’t be opened of her posing or dancing in shorts, the report said.

Hooks told her multiple times to meet him, the report said. He asked to meet at Cynthia Moore Chestnut Park and Clark Butler Nature Preserve, at 2315 SE 35th St., and a shed in a backyard.

Hooks admitted to deputies that she sent and received sexual messages from the victim but did not have sex with the victim, the report said.

He was charged with lewd and lascivious behavior with a victim aged 12 to 16 and promoting sexual activity to a victim less than 16, the report said.

Hooks was sent to jail in February after he was accused of possessing cocaine and violating warnings to not contact his ex-wife, records said.

He remained in the Alachua County Jail Sunday in lieu of a $320,000 bond.

Hooks