Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A man took a stolen Gator golf cart on a joyride the morning after the Gators-South Carolina game, police said.

Parker Lee Prince, 26, of Gainesville, is accused of stealing the Gator golf cart from outside the south end zone of the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium at 2:30 a.m. Sunday, according to a University Police arrest report.

Price found the six-wheel, all-terrain cart with the key left inside, the report said. The $10,000 cart is used by the University Athletic Association to take injured football players off the field during football games.

Prince was driving the cart from 35th Place when Gainesville Police officers at Circle K, at 3525 SW 34th St., found him about four hours after he stole it, the report said.

Police said the front-end fender was damaged and the fiberglass on the front of the cart was shattered, which costs $1,000.

University Police officers arrested Prince on the charges of criminal mischief and grand theft.

He was released from the Alachua County Jail on his own recognizance Monday afternoon.  

Prince could not immediately be reached for comment.

Contact Alyssa Ramos at aramos@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @LysKRamos