<p>Hale</p>

Hale

A man who identified himself as “your mama” was arrested Saturday by Gainesville Police.

Thirteen-time offender Travis Lamont Hale, 39, was charged with resisting an officer without violence, according to court records.

At about 12:30 p.m., Hale was standing next to a car in the middle of the road at the 900 block of Northeast 17th St., according to an arrest report. The car was blocking traffic.

The area is documented as having high drug sales, according to police. Hale talking to the driver in the middle of the road was said to be how common drug sales are done.

Police went to the driver and Hale, the report said. Hale refused to identify himself and said he was in his grandmother’s yard and didn’t have to.

When backup officers arrived, Hale ran away, according to the report. He was arrested a block away and when asked for his name he said “your mama.”

Hale had an active warrant for an aggravated battery committed on Aug. 31, according to court records. He pushed a man off his bicycle because he thought the man broke into his home. He then chased him by foot and bicycle with a wooden mop handle and beat him with it.

He also has one other open case for an unarmed robbery on Oct.19, according to court records.

Hale remains in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $60,310 bond.

Contact Katherine Wallace-Fernandez at kwallacefernandez@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @katwf98.

Hale