crime
crime

Authorities arrested a second person in relation to the home invasion robbery that resulted in one dead and one injured.

Jevin D. Hilliard, 26, was arrested and charged for murder, attempted murder, possession of a weapon by a convicted felon and robbery Thursday afternoon in regards to the Sept. 29 early morning incident, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office release. Bryan G. Williams was first arrested last Wednesday on similar charges for the same incident.

Jevin D. Hilliard

Jevin D. Hilliard

Jonathan Morris, 25, and an unnamed 22-year-old were found at the house on the 1200 block of Southwest 75th Drive with gunshot wounds. Morris was dead when officers arrived. Hilliard was found injured about half a mile away after the two victims were found, also with gunshot wounds.

Hilliard and the injured man in the home were both taken to UF Health Shands Hospital, where law enforcement eventually learned Hilliard was connected to the incident, according to the release. Hilliard was taken to the Alachua County Jail after leaving the hospital today.

Hilliard and William’s sworn complaint affidavits, which detail specifically why they were arrested, are completely redacted as of Thursday afternoon, according to county records.

Hilliard remains in the Alachua County Jail on a $1.25 million bond for robbery, attempted murder and possession of a firearm as a felon and no bond for a charge of murder, according to county records.