Though the national spotlight is focused on the Tasering incident at Sen. John Kerry's appearance, discussion of the affair was limited at the Student Senate's meeting Tuesday night.

Student Body President Ryan Moseley and Steven Blank, chairman of Accent - Student Government's speakers bureau - briefly answered questions from senators.

Moseley told senators he wanted to ensure students were involved during the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's review of the incident.

He said he would be appointing four students to a panel of faculty and students designed to review police protocols, UF management practices and the FDLE report.

Moseley said he also wants students to be patient before passing judgment on the issue.

Students have told him that they believe police acted correctly, and others expressed outrage, he said.

"There's a lot of information that's still to be collected," he said. "I want more time to hear students' opinions."

Sen. Heshan "Grasshopper" Illangkoon, a Gator Party senator representing graduate students, asked how many senators thought the level of force used by the police was appropriate.

About three or four raised their hands.

Illangkoon then asked the Senate to watch the entire video of the incident.

He said he thought the minutes leading up to Meyer's arrest make it clear that police acted correctly, but news networks were only showing a small portion of the video.

Illangkoon said CNN is defaming UF.

"When you have someone screaming down the aisle toward a political figure, what do you expect?" he asked.