<p>Mathis</p>

Mathis

A man didn’t stop stealing from his friend’s mother’s home in early April, deputies said. Then, he was arrested.

On April 2, a woman came home and found her living room TV on the floor next to the door and not on its stand, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrest report.

When she searched her home, she discovered her apartment keys, a fireplace remote, a pendant, a necklace, a ROKU TV remote and an acoustic guitar were stolen from her apartment in the Cricket Club II complex, at 505 SW 72 St., the report said.

She believed Aubrey Mathis, 26, of Newberry, stole the items, the report said. Her son used to be friends with Mathis, and he often stayed over.

Two days later, Mathis returned to the apartment and stole the living room TV and “juice” for electronic cigarettes, the report said.

Mathis was seen in video surveillance from Oaks Pawn South, at 2530 SW 34th St., selling the TV and one of the son’s guitars, the report said.

On April 6, the woman woke up and saw Mathis in her kitchen, the report said. She asked him what he was doing, and he ran away. Mathis was arrested on April 8.

He was charged with unarmed burglary of an occupied dwelling, two counts of unarmed burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, two counts of dealing in stolen property and two counts of fraud, the report said.

Mathis