<p>Ullah</p>

Ullah

When a deputy asked two men why they were near a stolen car Monday, one was accused of lying about living with an aunt nearby and the other said he was going home and had jumped a fence to get there.

Deputies were told three teenagers were breaking into cars near 7200 SW Eighth St. at about 12 a.m., according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrest report. A deputy found Reginald Lamar Hines, 19, of Gainesville, going into a car and Tavellion Shaqur Ullah, 18, of Gainesville, walking in the middle of the road.

When the deputy spoke with them, Hines said he lives in the neighborhood with his aunt, the report said. The resident of the apartment Hines told the deputy about said he was lying.

Ullah told the deputy that he was walking home from a friends house at Reflections Apartments, at 205 SW 75th St., the report said. His listed address is five miles away from where they were stopped.

After being arrested, Hines told the deputy he was walking to the store and was afraid when he saw them so he went into a random car, the report said. Ullah said jumping a fence was the fastest way home from his friends house.

The deputy found that Hines went into a stolen car and a handgun was under seat he was in, the report said.

During a search of the men, a flashlight was found on Hines and a blue glove, black glove and multiple wet wipes were in Ullah’s pocket, the report said.

A victim identified the men as the people they saw breaking into cars, the report said.

The men told the deputy they were not involved in the burglary and did not know each other, the report said.

In 2016, Ullah was accused of driving a stolen scooter and tried to drive away from deputies, according to court records. When deputies caught him and asked why he didn’t stop he said, “I didn’t want to get caught.” Ullah was not found guilty for grand theft or resisting deputies.

Hines was charged with possession of an unlicensed firearm, grand theft of a motor vehicle and burglary of an unoccupied conveyance, the report said. Ullah was charged with possession of tools for burglary and burglary of an unoccupied conveyance.

Both remained in the Alachua County Jail Monday. Hines has a $15,000 bond and Ullah has a $5,000 bond.

Ullah