A UF fraternity is on probation after being accused of giving minors alcohol at a summer party.

The UF chapter of Beta Theta Pi is under probation until Dec. 14 after being accused of serving alcohol to minors during the Summer B semester, according to a letter written by Mick Earley, the Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution associate director.

Earley sent the letter to Kyle Rintoul, the chapter president, on Oct. 9.

“The University of Florida holds student safety paramount and will not tolerate behaviors that jeopardize the ability of our community members to find success in a positive way,” Earley wrote in the letter.

The fraternity must follow a set of rules until probation ends, the letter said.

The group can only attend five on- or off-campus events where alcohol is served, including tailgates, homecoming events and socials. Fraternity members and guests are not allowed to drink alcohol at events that have not been approved by the Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution, the letter said.

The chapter must create plans to address risk management, social events and safely hosting events with alcohol and present the plans to its members, the letter said.

Beta Theta Pi has until Nov. 23 to invite a law enforcement officer to talk to the chapter about the legal risks of underage drinking and what to do if someone has too much to drink, the letter said.

UF administration acknowledged that Beta Theta Pi took responsibility for the conduct violation and was honest about the incident, the letter said. Today is the last day the fraternity can appeal the probation.

Rintoul could not immediately be reached for comment.

Additionally, Delta Chi and Tau Epsilon Phi are both suspended while Pi Kappa Phi, Chi Phi and Alpha Epsilon Pi are under investigation for hazing.

Contact Jessica Curbelo at jcurbelo@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @jesscurbelo