UF will soon make it easier for incoming freshmen to apply to college.

Starting in January 2016, UF will launch a digital platform for high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors to store their transcripts, volunteer hours and test scores.

This change in the application process is a result of UF recently joining the Coalition for Access, Affordability and Success, UF spokesman Steve Orlando said.

This will help ease the stressful and rushed application process, especially for underprivileged students, Orlando said.

First-generation students don’t always know how to finance college, and the coalition will work to help solve this, too, said Zina Evans, UF’s vice president for enrollment management.

UF will show low-income students how much college costs and what financial aid is available to them, Orlando said.

"I think the goal is to empower students from underprivileged backgrounds to apply to schools that are likely to give considerable financial support and invest in their academic success," he said.

UF biology sophomore Shiela Chancoco said she thought her application went smoothly, but she applied with UF’s self-reported transcript system.

When the 20-year-old applied, she said she had to type her subjects and grades from cryptic transcripts.

Chancoco said she hopes UF’s new system is easier to navigate.