Generic Crime
Generic Crime

University Police is searching for a man who was involved in a burglary and touching women without their consent Sunday morning at Simpson Hall.

At about 4:50 a.m., a woman was in the stairwell of the hall walking to her room on the fourth floor when she saw the man come in from the third, said Maj. Brad Barber, a University Police spokesperson.  

Her room was on a women-only floor and the man came from a men-only floor in the co-ed hall, according to the Graham Area Office.

He began to follow her, and she let him pass when she got to her floor, Barber said.  She called 911 from her room.

It was discovered that he went into the room of two other women on the fourth floor, who told him to leave and asked him why he was in their room, Barber said.

While talking to him about being in the wrong room, he walked by both of them and touched their legs before running out, he said.

He is a 6-foot-2-inch black man wearing a white shirt and blue pajama pants, Barber said. He was also wearing an Apple Watch and has a fade haircut.

He was not found during a search, he said. Police are following up on any leads.

Anyone with information about the incident can call police at 352-392-1111 or Crime Stoppers at 352-372-7867.

“If you see something, say something,” Barber said.