<p>Randell Turner</p>

Randell Turner

A UPS employee accused of stealing a laptop and an iPad while on the job was arrested Tuesday.

Randell Mourice Turner, 33, of Gainesville, sorted packages at a UPS Customer Center, at 1941 NW 67th Place, according to a Gainesville Police arrest report.

On Christmas Eve, Turner stole a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop from the center, the report said. He later sold it at Best Jewelry and Loan Pawn Shop, at 523 NW Third Ave., on Jan. 9.

He also stole an iPad and sold it on Jan. 23 at an ecoATM at a Walmart, at 1800 NE 12th Ave., the report said. A customer filed a claim that day that her iPad was never delivered.

On Feb. 13, a UPS investigator asked police to look into the Florida pawn database for the missing iPad, the report said. Police found it and the ThinkPad under Turner’s pawn records.

The investigator reviewed surveillance footage around the time the items went missing and saw Turner wearing a backpack and ducking behind the conveyer belt, the report said.

Turner admitted to police to selling the Lenovo Thinkpad for $125 and the iPad for $155, the report said.

Turner was charged with grand theft, dealing in stolen property and giving false information on a pawn transaction form, the report said.

He remained in the Alachua County Jail Wednesday in lieu of a $35,000 bond.

Randell Turner