<p>Gator Growl organizers announced Walk the Moon would headline at the UF Homecoming Pep Rally on Nov. 2.</p>

Gator Growl organizers announced Walk the Moon would headline at the UF Homecoming Pep Rally on Nov. 2.

UF will “shut up and dance” to Walk the Moon at Gator Growl, event organizers announced.

The alt-rock-pop band will headline the UF Homecoming pep rally Nov. 2 on Flavet Field, according to a press release. Andrew Kelly, the Student Government Productions chairman, declined to comment on how much the group is being paid to perform. Other performers have not been announced yet.

Tickets are currently being sold on Ticketmaster and on Turlington Plaza, said Marie Nanney, an event organizer. Students can buy general admission tickets for $15 with a discount code sent to their UF emails and can buy pit passes for $30. Non-UF students can pay $25 for general admission tickets and $50 for pit passes, Nanney said.

Walk the Moon won two Billboard Music Awards in 2016, according to Billboard. Some of the band’s top songs include “Shut Up and Dance,” “Anna Sun” and “One Foot.”

Liliam Clavijo, a 19-year-old UF political science sophomore, was thrilled to hear that Walk the Moon is playing at Gator Growl.

A year ago, she and two friends saw the group perform live at a concert.

“They’re nostalgic for me,” Clavijo said. “I wouldn’t say I’m a huge fan, but I do enjoy their music. They’re so upbeat and fun.”

Artemis Magliveras, a 21-year-old UF chemistry senior, disagrees. Magliveras said she was disappointed when she heard the news because she was expecting a bigger artist. She said some of the artists Gator Growl has chosen aren’t artists people want to listen to in a concert setting.

“If they were to interview people to see where their interests are each year, they would be able to pick a better artist,” Magliveras said.

Staff writer Christina Morales contributed to this report.