Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A heated argument got out of hand Friday afternoon after a woman was accused of stabbing a man three times with a knife, Gainesville Police said.

Shakela “Tomboy” Williams, 41, of Gainesville, is accused of pulling out a knife on a man before he hit her with a pipe in self-defense at Dignity Campgrounds, at 3035 NE 28th Drive, according to an arrest report.

The report does not mention why Williams and the man were arguing. A witness, who works at the campgrounds, told police that he tried to break up the argument, but the two continued to bicker with each other, the report said.

Williams began to walk away but continued to argue and then came back with a knife in her hand. The man threatened to hit her with a pipe if she came at him with a knife, the report said.

He then hit her with the pipe, police said.

After, Williams stabbed the defendant three times in both arms, the report said. The man was able to stop Williams and took the knife away from her.

Another witness told police he saw Williams walk up to the man with a knife and the man hit her first with a pipe, the report said.

Williams is charged with aggravated battery, the report said. She is being held in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $50,000 bond.

Contact Dana Cassidy at dcassidy@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @danacassidy_