<p>Cox</p>

Cox

A Gainesville woman accused of stealing credit cards thought she proved her innocence to an officer by showing him the contents of her wallet on Sunday afternoon.

Although the wallet of Ashley Cox, 30, contained no stolen credit cards, it did contain syringes, pills and a spoon with residue, according to a Gainesville Police Department arrest report.

A woman who rented rooms 175 and 177 at the DoubleTree hotel, located at 3726 SW 40th Blvd., told the officer she was missing her credit cards and believed Cox took them, according to the report.

Cox was sleeping in room 175 when she woke up to answer the door for an officer at 12:30 p.m. The officer informed Cox about the missing cards. She told the officer she did not have them and that he could search the hotel room.

Cox emptied the contents of her handbag onto the bed. This is when the officer found the drug-related items, according to the report.

After Cox was read her Miranda rights, she told the officer the pills belonged to the other woman’s daughter, while the syringes and spoon belonged to a friend.

Cox did not have a prescription for the pills found, according to the report.

Cox was charged with possession and use of drug paraphernalia and two counts of possession of a controlled substance. She remains in Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $12,000 bond.

Cox