Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A woman reported that she was sexually battered Saturday night near Fraternity Row, University Police said.

The 24-year-old woman, who is not a UF student or faculty member, reported the battery to police Sunday afternoon, according to a UPD alert email to students. 

The woman told police she went to Midtown with friends Saturday evening, the release said. She left Midtown at about 9:30 p.m. and walked on UF’s campus. The last thing she remembers is walking near Fraternity Row, police said.

The suspect is a 5-foot-7 man in his early 20s of average build with dark hair and minimal facial hair, police said.

The investigation is ongoing. UPD emailed a warning to students Tuesday afternoon about the incident.  

Anyone with information about the suspect can call UPD at 352-392-1111. Those who want to remain anonymous can call Alachua County Crime Stoppers at 352-372-STOP.

The last time UPD released a warning about a sexual battery near campus was in March 2018. A UF student got into a car she believed was an Uber she ordered and was battered after she was left on the side of U.S. Highway 441, police said. 

Contact Amanda Rosa at arosa@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @AmandaNicRosa