<p>Lil Dicky's "Earth" music video has more than 34 million views.</p>

Lil Dicky's "Earth" music video has more than 34 million views.

Most of us can agree climate change is a problem, and the Earth is facing a crisis, but unfortunately, there are also a lot of people who don’t agree. Recently, you may have seen a little video called “Earth” by Lil Dicky which, as we’re writing this, has 26 million views in just four days. The video is a modern day “We Are the People,” with famous singers like Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg and many more singing about saving the planet. The video features cute animated animals and bold colors, but the message behind it is serious: If we don’t start doing more for the environment now, climate change will become irreversible. We’d say things are getting pretty serious if an artist named Lil Dicky has become one of our greatest environmental proponents.

However, there is some good news for us to share. The number of people who don’t believe in climate change is shrinking. There has been a 10 percent increase from 2015 to 2018 in the number of Americans who believe in climate change, up to 73 percent, according to a study done by Yale University and George Mason University. The study also found more than six in 10 Americans now believe humans are the cause of climate change. These are all great statistics in terms of awareness, but how does it help the planet?

Without action, knowledge means nothing. In another study done by The Associated Press only 28 percent of people would be in support of a $10 per month tax to help the environment. This shows us that people acknowledge the seriousness of climate change, but they don’t want to pay to fix it. And the reality is, there are people in the U.S. who can’t afford to give up $10 because that will pay for their next meal. Climate change isn’t just a problem in the U.S. It’s everywhere, and it’s now, as Lil Dicky says. So the question is, who’s going to save the Earth?

No, it’s not Lil Dicky, or rather, not just Lil Dicky. It’s everyone who has the ability to. What Lil Dicky has done is brought climate change to the forefront, just in time for Earth Day. It’s taken this country far too long to come to a majority consensus that climate change is real and happening, and now we don’t have time to waste to reverse it. However, there are little things and there are big things we can do to help the planet.

Currently, we are under a presidency that doesn’t believe in climate change, but we still live in a democracy. If you are active and vocal that you want more environmental changes in this country or in your county, you have representatives to call, and trust us, they want to keep their jobs. They have to listen to the majority, or they’re going to get voted out. So make your thoughts on environmental issues heard, and they have to implement those changes.

You can also make daily changes in your life we are sure you’ve already heard about, like reusable grocery bags, metal straws and reusable water bottles. And now, you can watch Lil Dicky’s music video, because the more money it makes, the more money will go toward environmental causes.

Companies are also pledging to help the environment. Ecosia, a search engine, plants trees for people who use its platform. Herbal Essence, a hair care brand, is now packaging some of its products in eco-friendly bottles. And other companies are being built on the concept of sustainability, like Reformation, a clothing brand made from recycled clothing. The idea of being environmentally friendly is “trendy” now, and companies know it’ll get them more sales. When you buy these sustainable products, you’re encouraging more companies to switch to more sustainable practices.

If Lil Dicky has taught us anything, it’s that the battle to save our planet involves everyone and it starts now.