As an immigrant rights advocacy organization, UF Chispas has collaborated with Student Government to advocate for inclusive campus policies toward immigrant students at UF. Due to past cooperation with SG, our organization was shocked and disappointed to see the presence of U.S. Immigration …

There is an important petition by Global Vote that has been filed for the reconsideration of a UF Student Government Supreme Court ruling. If successful, it would restore online voting to the Student Body constitution, along with other popular reforms. However, the Global Vote petition for r…

In my five years at UF, I’ve met many people who have raised similar questions to yours regarding the sincerity and efficiency of Dance Marathon’s fundraising efforts. They’re good questions. I’m sure they’re coming from a place of genuine concern. In fact, I’ve asked the same questions myself.

You sit anxiously in front of your laptop watching the tiny numbers at the edge of your screen. You are waiting for the hour mark to hit 8 a.m. Sheets of papers are strewn out in front of you with highlighted phrases slashed across each page. You do your best to organize your thoughts becaus…

There’s a place in this world where nearly 1 in 4 women report experiencing sexual violence, where nearly 50 percent of its population is without reliable food, where 1,200 people were killed in 2015 and where 414,490 people were displaced from their homes. This place is Burundi. Never heard…