• Updated

Editor's note: All letters to the editor will be considered, but not every one will be published. Please allow 24 hours for a response regarding your submission. 

• Updated

Editor’s Note: The Alligator’s Editorial Board reached out to Pope about Chou’s letter. Pope referred to SG Finance Code 808.12, which prohibits money allocated to SG funded organizations to be used “in support of or against a political party at any level.”

• Updated

Although I was born in India, growing up in the U.S. has instilled in me how important it is to be civically engaged. I saw the constantly changing political climate in America, and I watched as the leaders of our country made decisions for the future of our nation. And yet, for 12 years, I …

• Updated

Returning from winter break, I am sure that many other students can sympathize with my struggle to avoid arguments over politics at family gatherings. My experiences have led me to this: Imagine if only people who voted were allowed to start arguments over the holiday dinner table?

• Updated

Representative democracy is founded upon the idea that citizens can confidently waive their direct voice in governmental affairs to elected legislators who will serve their best interests. This assumption is strong, and it often does not hold very well in practice.