UF can do better when it comes to preventing sexual assault on campus. There have been reports of sexual assault, and even rape, occurring on our campus this month alone. So when I read an article about how Washington state lawmakers proposed a bill to create a sexual assault task force on c…
From the rumors of Impact Party corruption to allegations of Inspire Party ineptitude, students will hear it in the presidential debate, Senate livestreams and each time campaign season comes around. When there are two parties, scandal and controversy ensue.
It seems that our Student Body President Ian Green fundamentally misunderstands a lot of things about our Student Government and campaign climate. Ian’s most recent letter to the editor is filled with mistakes that effectively demonstrate this.
Last Tuesday night during our weekly Student Government Senate meeting, I abstained from voting on a resolution to recognize the installment of Juan Guaidó as the interim president of Venezuela. Not too long after, one of my friends called me out on Facebook. Then, Student Body Vice Presiden…
Hey Gators! As election day at UF gets closer and closer, there is always a certain amount of negative campaigning that takes place before students vote. With that said, Zachariah Chou’s mischaracterization of his record and criticisms of Student Government go a step too far.
Every student is entitled their own political opinions, but it is the role of our elected officials to act on them and use their voices to represent their constituents. The key word in that statement is “act.”
- Letter to the Editor: Impact's dirty little secret
- Letter to the Editor: UF’s racial equality problem should be acknowledged and fixed
- Letter to the Editor: The freshman 15 takes on a new meaning
- Letter to the Editor: FDA additives
- Letter to the Editor: About Feleipe Franks
- Why women don’t report sexual assault and why I didn’t report either
- Letter to the editor: Words matter
- Letter to the Editor: Times are changing, but they just seem to be going backward
- Letter to the Editor: Renewable energy
- Letter to the Editor: Make class optional on Election Day
- Letter to the Editor: Greyhound racing
- Letter to the Editor: About Lara Alqasem
- Letter to the Editor: Release Lara Alqasem