• Updated

Although I was born in India, growing up in the U.S. has instilled in me how important it is to be civically engaged. I saw the constantly changing political climate in America, and I watched as the leaders of our country made decisions for the future of our nation. And yet, for 12 years, I …

Returning from winter break, I am sure that many other students can sympathize with my struggle to avoid arguments over politics at family gatherings. My experiences have led me to this: Imagine if only people who voted were allowed to start arguments over the holiday dinner table?

Representative democracy is founded upon the idea that citizens can confidently waive their direct voice in governmental affairs to elected legislators who will serve their best interests. This assumption is strong, and it often does not hold very well in practice.

On Tuesday, UF’s Students for Justice in Palestine organized a vigil and walkout during an event featuring former Israel Defense Forces (IDF) sergeant Yoni Michanie. The event commemorated yet another year of SJP organizers putting together a vigil to mourn those in Gaza. Year after year, Is…

Impeachment is a strong and often fearlessly used word, so much so that the popularity of the word on Merriam-Webster’s website jumped 3,600 percent the day House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced an impeachment inquiry into President Trump. By all means, impeachment is a rallying cry that scre…