It doesn’t matter who the opponent is. If the opportunity presents itself, Gators baseball coach Kevin O’Sullivan will run his special play.
Austin Langworthy’s eyes never left the ball. They stayed glued to the pitch as it traveled from the mound, off his aluminum bat and as it sailed over the right-center field wall.
Another season of college hoops is upon us, so you know what that means: complaining about December non-conference losses on Twitter, Bracketology updates ad nauseum from Joe Lunardi and the cloud of a federal fraud trial that implicates most major programs in the country in some way.
This men's basketball team has the potential to be the best Florida Gators basketball team outside of the 2006-07 back-to-back title-winning teams. Seriously. It actually is realistic.
The Gators men’s basketball team began last season ranked No. 8 in the preseason AP Top 25. It had a solid run, finishing 21-13, but after a second-round exit in the NCAA Tournament at the hands of Texas Tech, Florida may not grace the top 25 in this year’s preseason poll.
Blake Snell has been one of the most dominant starting pitchers in all baseball through the 2018 season. During his third season in Tampa Bay, he’s unexpectedly led the Rays to a record on the plus-side of .500 (46-44) and put himself in serious contention for the American League Cy Young Award.
More Baseball Stories
- alligatorSports Awards: Who is UF's Coach of the Year?
- UF navigated through 2018 on individual brilliance
- Campbell cruises, Arkansas eliminates Florida in CWS
- After sluggish start, Florida recovers to eliminate Texas Tech
- India breaks game open in sixth, Kowar powers UF to win over Texas
- After loss to Texas Tech, Florida turns attention to Texas
- Defense struggles, bats go cold as Gators drop CWS opener
- Steal home, stellar play by freshmen carries UF to CWS
- OMAHA BOUND: Florida walks off against Auburn to win Super Regional
- Tigers walk off, escape gem from Kowar
- Gators escape 'Romp in the Swamp,' Singer wins in his final home game
- From retail to MVP: Girand carries an unusual backstory
- Gators drop Game 1, Girand helps earn Super Regional berth
- Gators get Singer back, use the long ball to beat Jacksonville
- Gators fall behind early, Dalton powers team to win
- UF gears up for Columbia, MLB Draft, meets with Billy Donovan
- Florida flops at SEC Tournament, still earns top seed
- Tigers show their stripes, chomp Gators in seven innings
- Florida drops game to Arkansas in SEC Tourney Play
- Florida endures errors, holds off LSU