While the rest of baseball slept through Wednesday’s trade deadline, Astros GM Jeff Luhnow was busy locking up his team’s second championship in three years.
A month has passed since the last review of Gators around the majors, but there is still a strong UF presence in Major League Baseball. Now that the league has reached the All-Star break, let’s look at how some former Gators are doing at the halfway point.
The college baseball season came to a close last Wednesday when the Vanderbilt Commodores defeated the Michigan Wolverines to win the program’s second national championship.
More Baseball Stories
- Florida baseball loses three to NCAA transfer portal
- Is there a future for Major League Baseball in Florida?
- Multiple Florida athletes picked in 2019 MLB Draft
- Gators in MLB: June update
- Youth and the loss of key pieces caused Florida to fall short of Omaha
- Florida’s season comes to an end with heartbreaking loss to DBU
- UF dodges elimination, routes Army
- UF falls into losers’ bracket after regional loss
- Florida begins NCAA Tournament Friday
- Florida clinches NCAA berth as third seed in Lubbock Regional
- UF awaits fate after early exit from SEC Tourney
- Gators eliminated from SEC Tourney after loss in extras
- Florida chasing NCAA berth as SEC Tournament begins
- Gators complete regular season with sweep, keep NCAA hopes alive
- Leftwich shines as Florida downs Missouri
- Florida picks up pivotal win over Missouri
- An inability to close dooms UF in Tennessee series
- Gators give up late lead, lose series to Tennessee
- Volunteers outlast Gators on Senior Day
- Maldonado’s heroics cap off UF’s come-from-behind win