In sports there are times when the crowd knows there is a comeback on its way. There are times when an underdog David topples a green-and-gold Goliath.
The Gators men’s basketball team welcomes No. 1 Baylor to the O’Dome on Saturday in the Big 12/SEC Challenge, making this the third season in a row that Florida has faced the top team in the country. UF has also never won a regular-season matchup against a No. 1 team, losing its last 13 attempts.
Florida men's basketball's current three-game stretch -- which started with Auburn on Saturday -- is easily its toughest portion of the schedule this season.
More Men's Basketball Stories
- Gators upset No. 4 Auburn
- Guards will be key vs. Auburn
- Florida’s sophomore duo key to success
- Gators take down Ole Miss behind improved defense
- Florida falters on the road ahead of SEC stretch
- Missouri rains threes to sink Gators
- Florida aims to continue perfect start to SEC play
- Nembhard comes up big after Blackshear foul trouble
- Takeaways after Florida’s win over Alabama to start SEC play
- Gators erase 21-point deficit, win double OT thriller
- Gators explode offensively in SEC tuneup game against Long Beach State
- Florida falls to Utah State in Orange Bowl Basketball Classic
- Freshmen come up big for Florida in win over Providence
- O'Connell Center court to be named after Donovan
- Florida falls to Butler as offensive inconsistency lingers
- Lionhearted: Bassett’s journey from pick-up ball to Division I
- Gators need more consistency to compete moving forward
- Gators get past Thundering Herd behind strong second half
- Gators defeat Xavier Musketeers, win Charleston Classic
- Gators smother Miami, advance to Charleston Classic final