Florida basketball and coach Mike White received impactful news to its 2020 roster on Saturday.
It’s 2006. Facebook has recently been made open to the public. The first episode of “Hannah Montana” just aired on the Disney Channel. And the Gators men's basketball team brought home its first national championship title in program history.
Many Florida fans remember the 2016-2017 men’s basketball season for three reasons: Chris Chiozza’s game-winner against Wisconsin in the Sweet 16, Canyon Barry’s underhanded free throws and the opening of a renovated O’Connell Center.
More Men's Basketball Stories
- Lewis announces his return for sophomore season
- The Best Game I Ever Covered: Just grins in a historic win
- What it took to be No. 34
- Another big man to leave Florida
- Gators hoping for redemption as they eye SEC Tournament
- Three Gators honored on SEC end-of-year teams
- UF collapses in second half, blows 18-point lead in loss to UK
- Florida shuts down UGA to secure road victory in Athens
- Gators’ struggles lie beyond inexperience
- Bulldog Blues: Florida drops two of two against Georgia
- Florida falls short after disastrous first half
- Coach Shelton believes UF could make a title run this year
- Florida is hitting its stride ahead of Tennessee game
- Gators steamroll LSU after Johnson’s big night
- Florida feeling sense of urgency with March looming
- Where the Gators stand in bracketology ahead of final 4 games
- Gators guards falter at UK, denying UF a signature win
- Florida comes up short behind career game from UK’s Quickley
- The Gators travel to Kentucky with a lot on the line
- Gators stifle Arkansas, earn third win in a row