Forward Zada Williams scored a career-high 16 points at the O’Connell Center to lead the Gators women’s basketball team to their third straight win, a 62-38 thrashing of Florida A&M.

• Updated

Bethune-Cookman guard Angel Golden drove to the basket in the second quarter looking to end Florida’s 5-0 run. She, instead, met a sea of orange as all five UF defenders converged on her in the paint, disrupting her shot and sending her to the floor in a heap.

Guard Delicia Washington waited for her opportunity like a tiger on the hunt. A pass early in the third quarter that hung in the air just a little too long allowed the 5-foot-10 guard to step right in front and take it to the other end for an easy basket.

The Florida women’s basketball team is off to its worst start in program history, losing all six games so far. Here are three things to look out for as the Gators try to get their season on track, starting on Sunday when they take on Texas Tech:

The Florida women’s basketball team once again had a chance to earn its first win of the year. They had a second half lead, and were down by only two points with eight minutes left. Funda Nakkasoglu was writing another chapter in her brilliant season en route to a 23-point performance.

Online Poll

Which Gators storyline are you most looking forward to following to begin 2018?

You voted:

More Women's Basketball Stories