Things were looking grim for Florida’s women’s basketball team heading into the fourth quarter on Thursday night.
Down 12-4, Florida point guard Kiara Smith flew past traffic down the right side of the court. Just to the right of the paint, she pulled up over a Florida State defender with her left hand.
Florida’s women’s basketball team was undefeated heading into Friday’s battle against No. 18 Indiana. Up to that point, the Gators had defeated four unranked opponents by an average margin of victory of 18.5 points per game.
Florida’s women’s basketball team has relied heavily on its backcourt tandem of point guard Kiara Smith and shooting guard Lavender Briggs.
More Women's Basketball Stories
- Gators get first ranked opponent in Indiana
- Balanced offense and feisty defense have Gators undefeated
- Gators down Presbyterian, win fourth straight
- Gators off to 3-0 start for first time in 3 years
- Gators rout Samford, improve to 3-0
- UF boasts unbeaten start
- Florida takes care of Longwood in home opener
- Freshmen were bright spot in win over Grambling State
- Florida takes down Grambling State in season opener
- UF faces off against Grambling State
- Gators dismantle Valdosta State 84-38 in exhibition
- First impressions of UF women’s basketball team
- From the Outback to the Swamp
- How does Florida recuperate after a disappointing 2018-19 season?
- Florida's season ends in Round 2 with loss to Missouri
- Florida advances to Round 2 with win over Ole Miss
- Nakkasoglu reaches 2,000, Florida holds off Vanderbilt in regular season finale
- Dreadful first quarter sets the tone as Gators fall on Senior Night
- Washington’s absence felt on floundering Florida team
- Gators can’t get out of first gear in blowout loss to Texas A&M