Forward Zada Williams scored a career-high 16 points at the O’Connell Center to lead the Gators women’s basketball team to their third straight win, a 62-38 thrashing of Florida A&M.
Bethune-Cookman guard Angel Golden drove to the basket in the second quarter looking to end Florida’s 5-0 run. She, instead, met a sea of orange as all five UF defenders converged on her in the paint, disrupting her shot and sending her to the floor in a heap.
Guard Delicia Washington waited for her opportunity like a tiger on the hunt. A pass early in the third quarter that hung in the air just a little too long allowed the 5-foot-10 guard to step right in front and take it to the other end for an easy basket.
The Florida women’s basketball team is off to its worst start in program history, losing all six games so far. Here are three things to look out for as the Gators try to get their season on track, starting on Sunday when they take on Texas Tech:
The Florida women’s basketball team once again had a chance to earn its first win of the year. They had a second half lead, and were down by only two points with eight minutes left. Funda Nakkasoglu was writing another chapter in her brilliant season en route to a 23-point performance.
More Women's Basketball Stories
- Florida seeks first win of the season over Northeastern
- Florida falls to Indiana in midweek clash
- Gators falter against Northwestern, remain winless
- Gators fall to Mercer despite strong play from veterans
- Gators look to right the ship against Mercer on Thursday
- Florida blows early lead, loses to rival Florida State in Tallahassee
- Gators open season in disappointing fashion with loss to Gardner-Webb
- Gators prepare for second year of Newbauer’s rebuild
- Y’all, the NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament is about to be awesome
- Florida builds 'foundation' in Newbauer’s debut season
- Florida’s woeful 2017-18 campaign comes to a close in first round of SEC Tourney
- AGENT DOUBLE ZERO: Delicia Washington’s journey to UF and her tough decision over whether to stay
- Gators’ offense lethargic again as UF drops regular season finale to Georgia
- ‘A tale of two halves:’ UT defense too much for Florida in final home game of season
- Lorenzen, Hersler have confidence in Florida’s future in the frontcourt
- For Florida’s women’s basketball team, the objective all year has been to stick to the plan
- Gators women’s basketball teams sends off seniors with blowout victory over Commodores
- Gators suffer sixth straight loss against ranked opponent
- Gators women’s basketball wraps up 6-game stretch against ranked teams with matchup against No. 17 Texas A&M
- Despite UF’s women’s basketball team’s current five-game losing streak, coach Cameron Newbauer isn’t deterred