<p dir="ltr"><span>UF left fielder Austin Langworthy went 5 for 12 against Alabama, then had three hits against Florida A&amp;M on Tuesday at Alfred A. McKethan Stadium.</span></p>
<p><span>&nbsp;</span></p>

UF left fielder Austin Langworthy went 5 for 12 against Alabama, then had three hits against Florida A&M on Tuesday at Alfred A. McKethan Stadium.

Florida sophomore Jack Leftwich took the mound for the first time since March 31.

The right-hander's return wasn't one he or his team envisioned. He was relieved after just one inning.

Leftwich gave up six earned runs off five hits on 38 pitches when coach Kevin O'Sullivan made the switch during the bottom of the second inning.

The rocky start from UF's starter, coupled with a lack of scoring from the batting lineup, allowed LSU to drag the Gators baseball team for a second-consecutive day.

The Tigers defeated Florida 11-2 at Alex Box Stadium on Saturday afternoon, outscoring their opponent 24-3 over the final two games of the series to clinch it.

UF is now 1-8 on the road in conference play this season, getting outscored 107-43 in that span.

LSU (26-15, 11-7 SEC) scored nine runs in the first three innings as right fielder Antoine Duplantis led the charge.

Duplantis went 3 for 5 on Saturday, driving in a team-high four RBIs.

His teammate, shortstop Josh Smith, had three hits. He scored four runs with two RBIs in the one-sided affair.

Florida (26-16, 7-11 SEC) only showcased a couple bright spots from the batting lineup: left fielder Austin Langworthy and third baseman Cory Acton.

Langworthy excelled on the mound and at the plate. He went 3 for 4 with a double, then pitched the final 2.2 innings. He didn’t allow a hit and struck out three.

Acton was responsible for his team's only two runs. A two-run shot to right field -- his third of the series -- broke up the shutout and cut the deficit to 9-2 in the top of the fourth.

That's all the scoring the Gators did on Saturday as the rest of the lineup was held to just four hits.

LSU starter Eric Walker played a big part in that result. He pitched 5.2 innings, holding UF to six hits and two earned runs.

The sophomore allowed no walks while striking out five, earning his third victory of the season.

Florida was shut down in Games 2 and 3 of the series. The pitching staff sputtered after a promising 16-9 win in Game 1.

Follow Evan Lepak on Twitter @evanmplepak and contact him at elepak@alligator.org.

Austin Langworthy went 3 for 4 with a double and pitched the final 2.2 innings in the Gators 11-2 loss to LSU.