<p>Senior McClain Kessler fell in the second round of singles play at the ITA All-American Championships as well as in the second round of doubles play with partner Sam Riffice. </p>

Senior McClain Kessler fell in the second round of singles play at the ITA All-American Championships as well as in the second round of doubles play with partner Sam Riffice. 

Oliver Crawford and Andy Andrade made it into the main draw of the ITA All-American Championships on Tuesday night.

The duo swept the first two rounds over Sander Gjoels-Andersen and Ignacio Martinez of San Diego State and Noach Schachter and Barnaby Smith of Texas A&M. They took their next match over Jacob Brumm and Yuta Kikuchi of Cal in three sets (6-7, 6-2, 1-0).

McClain Kessler and Sam Riffice swept their first round match over Bjoern Petersen and Matias Soto from Baylor (6-4, 7-6) but fell in the second round to Alastair Gray and Reese Stalder of TCU (3-6, 7-6, 10-7).  

All three Gators who competed in the first qualifying singles round were victorious. Duarte Vale and Kessler both swept their opponents with Vale beating Penn State’s Constant De La Bassetierre (6-1, 6-4) and Kessler winning over Ryan Goetz of Virginia (6-2, 6-1). Andrade won in three sets over Oscar Mesquida of Arkansas (7-6, 5-7, 6-3).

None of them moved past the second round, however. Vale fell to Florian Broska of Mississippi State (6-3, 1-6, 4-6), Kessler lost to Antonio Cembellin (4-6, 5-7) and Andrade was eliminated by Menelaos Efstathiou of Wake Forest (3-6, 5-7).

As for the women in Pacific Palisades, California, Ida Jarlskog picked up an upset victory over the No. 4 overall seed Sara Daavetilla from North Carolina (1-6, 6-3, 6-4). Jarlskog then took down Emma Higuchi of Stanford in three sets to advance to the third round (6-4, 4-6, 6-3).

McCartney Kessler won over Sandra Honigova of Wichita State (7-6, 5-1). She then lost at the hands of Meible Chi of Duke (3-6, 3-6) to end her day.

Victoria Emma was eliminated by Sophia White of Gonzaga (4-6, 4-6). However, Emma was victorious in the qualifying doubles round with her partner Tsveta Dimitrova picking up a win over Corey Asghar of Oklahoma (8-4) and moving on to the next round.

Follow Kyle Wood on Twitter @Kkylewood or contact him at kwood@alligator.org.