The South Carolina State Fair is in Columbia this week across the street from Williams-Brice Stadium.
Adversity is nothing new to the Gators football team. The rash of injuries to key players on both sides of the ball has been well documented, but a loss is something Florida hasn’t swallowed in quite some time.
BATON ROUGE, La. — The Florida defense went into Saturday night’s top-10 showdown with LSU leading the SEC in scoring defense (9.5 points per game), sacks (26) and interceptions (12).
BATON ROUGE, La. — The game was close. Shocker. LSU won. Not too surprising. Florida’s offense kept it in the game, and the defense was the reason it lost it. Wait, what?
More Football Stories
- Picks Column Week 7
- Florida's D faces most dynamic offense yet
- Florida defines 'next man up' mentality
- Areas of focus for UF-LSU matchup
- Florida passes its biggest test of season, so far
- The Gators are playoff contenders
- Florida proved itself against Auburn
- Florida topples Auburn despite four turnovers
- Defense pushes Florida past Auburn
- Picks Column: Week 6
- UF and AU set for top-10 matchup in the Swamp
- Special teams will decide UF - AU game
- Gators view Auburn game as a chance to silence the noise
- The Gators are a second-half team
- Florida got an eyeful of what a mobile quarterback can do