<p>The Gators fell six spots in the team rankings during the second day of competition at The Ally at Old Waverly.</p>

The Gators fell six spots in the team rankings during the second day of competition at The Ally at Old Waverly.

The Gators women’s golf team fell from first to seventh place after shooting a collective 13-over-par in the second round of The Ally at Old Waverly Tuesday.

After shooting a collective 8-under-par on Monday, Florida did not have the same success today. The team is now at 5-over-par for the tournament. The Gators are 13 shots back of the leaders, the South Carolina Gamecocks.

Individually, Annabell Fuller led the way for the Gators, shooting 1-under-par. She is now 2-under-par for the tournament and is tied for 9th overall. Fuller recorded four birdies on the day.

Sophomore Marina Escobar Domingo and senior Addie Baggarly were both tied for second entering Tuesday. They both struggled in round two, however, as Domingo shot a 5-over-par 77 and Baggarly finished the day 7-over-par. Domingo closed the round with back-to-back birdies to finish the day at 1-over-par and is tied for 19th. Baggarly is tied for 29th, sitting at 3-over-par entering Wednesday.

Freshman Maisie Filler is also tied for 29th after shooting 2-over-par Tuesday. Meanwhile, Freshman Sara Ericsson shot 11-over-par Tuesday, improving on her first day performance by a stroke.

The Gators look to get back on track Wednesday in the final round of The Ally. They are chasing the Gamecocks in the team competition, who are at 8-under-par for the tournament. Tennessee junior Mikalya Bardwell leads the individual competition, sitting at 8-under-par as well.

The Gators tee off for the final round of The Ally Wednesday  at 10 a.m. Live scoring will be updated on Golfstat.com.

Contact Michael Hull at mhull@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @Michael_Hull33.

Michael Hull

Michael Hull is a fourth-year journalism sports & media major and a sports writer at The Alligator. He hosts the weekly sports podcast and has worked on staff for five semesters. In the past, Hull has served as the sports editor, the men's and women's golf beat writer, the volleyball beat writer and the football beat writer.