<p>Freshman Joe Pagdin walks through practice at Mark Bostick Golf Course. Pagdin is currently tied for 13th entering the final round of competition at the Vanderbilt Legends Collegiate.</p>

Freshman Joe Pagdin walks through practice at Mark Bostick Golf Course. Pagdin is currently tied for 13th entering the final round of competition at the Vanderbilt Legends Collegiate.

The Gators men’s golf team recorded a season-low round Monday, shooting a collective 11-under-par. Still, they shot up four spots on the leaderboard to fourth place, sitting 14 strokes behind the leaders Vanderbilt.

The team combined for 24 birdies on the day, and four different Gators shot under par. 

Freshman Joe Pagdin remained consistent Monday, shooting 3-under-par for the second day in a row. He has six birdies on the day, including each of the last two holes. Pagdin is tied for 13th entering the final round, six strokes behind the leader Matthew Riedel, a sophomore from Vanderbilt.

Sophomore Ricky Castillo led the way in round two, shooting 5-under-par. He knocked down six birdies, including three in the first four holes. He is currently tied for 20th individually.

Redshirt sophomore Fred Biondi is a stroke behind Pagdin, sitting at 5-under-par and tied for 16th. Junior Giovanni Manzoni is tied for 25th at 3-under-par, while freshman Tyler Wilkes improved on his Sunday score, shooting two strokes better than the first round. He is 4-over-par for the tournament.

“Best round of the year for us to date,” head coach J.C. Deacon said in a release. “It’s always extremely positive when we get to count four under par scores. Our team score of 11-under par was the third best score of the day and helped us move up the leaderboard, but I do feel we are capable of even better.”

The Gators hit the course for the final round of action at 10:20 a.m. Tuesday. Scores will be updated live on Golfstat.com.

Contact Michael Hull at mhull@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @Michael_Hull33.

Michael Hull

Michael Hull is a fourth-year journalism sports & media major and a sports writer at The Alligator. He hosts the weekly sports podcast and has worked on staff for five semesters. In the past, Hull has served as the sports editor, the men's and women's golf beat writer, the volleyball beat writer and the football beat writer.