Day 2 of the Miami Fall Invite was not kind to the Gators.

Four of the five remaining players in the singles bracket lost on Saturday, and the Gators were all but eliminated from the doubles bracket with two losses and one victory.

Sophomore McCartney Kessler was the one bright spot for UF on a day where almost nothing went its way. Kessler faced off with Lucia Marzal Martinez from Miami and won 6-1, 6-4. She moves on to play Ulyana Shirokova, another Hurricane, on the final day of competition on Sunday in the semifinals of Draw A.

The rest of the day, however, featured losses throughout the roster.

Kessler and sophomore Ida Jarlskog lost their doubles match against Tea Jandric and Sabina Machalova of Ole Miss 6-3. Freshman Marlee Zein and Katie Kubicz didn’t fare much better in their match against an Ole Miss tandem. The two lost to Ole Miss’s Alexa Bortles and Tereza Janatova 6-2.

Sophomore Victoria Emma and junior Tvesta Dimitrova was the lone doubles team to win according to a press release, defeating Luisa Varon and Anna Vrbenska of Pittsburg. However, the results of the match were not made available.

The losses continued to pile up in the singles bracket.

Jarlskog fell to Michigan’s Brienne Minor in straight sets 6-4, 6-2. Zein was en route to a similar loss after she lost her first game to Bella Lorenzini from Michigan 6-1. She rallied to bring the second game to a tie-breaking 13th game, but she lost 7-6.

Zein wasn’t the only Gator to lose in a tiebreaker, either. Dimitrova dropped her first game in lopsided fashion before putting up a fight in the second game and eventually losing 6-2, 7-6.

Emma was the only one to extend her match into a third game in her loss to Miami’s Daniella Roldan. She lost her first game 6-3 before responding with a 6-4 win of her own in the second set. The sophomore, however, would fall in the third set 6-2.

You can follow Brendan Farrell on Twitter @Bfarrell727 or contact him at bfarrell@alligator.org.

Correction: The photo for this article has been removed because it showed former Gator Peggy Porter and misidentified her as McCartney Kessler.