<p dir="ltr"><span data-mce-mark="1">The&nbsp; UF men's and women's swimming teams collected numerous victories and personal records at Auburn’s James E. Martin Aquatics Center in a field with with nine of the 12 teams competing ranked in the top-25 nationally.</span></p>
<p><span data-mce-mark="1">&nbsp;</span></p>

The  UF men's and women's swimming teams collected numerous victories and personal records at Auburn’s James E. Martin Aquatics Center in a field with with nine of the 12 teams competing ranked in the top-25 nationally.

A combined preliminary and final score of 602.95 was more than enough for Brooke Madden to return to the NCAA Championships for the third consecutive year.

A second-overall placing in the 1-meter dive on Tuesday punched the junior standout a second ticket to compete in this month’s NCAAs in as many days.

Madden had already safely qualified for the championships a day prior with a fourth-place finish in the 3-meter.

She and the rest of her team are in Auburn, Alabama, this week for the third time this year, as both the men’s and women’s diving teams are competing in the NCAA Diving Zones B Region from March 10-12, a chance for divers to qualify for the upcoming national championships.

In a strong field that includes multiple SEC rivals, the Gators are well represented. Madden is joined by eight other divers vying for qualifying spots, while the men have three in competition.

After two full days of competition, Madden’s performance remains to be the only true highlight for Florida of the three-day event. Aside from her two top-five finishes, the next highest of any of her teammates thus far has been a 21st-place finish in the 3-meter from sophomore Emma Whitner.

For the men, action has also been unproductive.

Junior Alex Farrow has been the highest-placing UF diver, finishing 18th and 21st in the 1-meter and 3-meter, respectively. Freshman Nick Lydon was not too far behind, with next-best 28th and 23rd-place finishes in the same events.

The NCAA Diving Zones conclude on Wednesday with Gators on both the men’s and women’s squads scheduled to compete in platforms. Five women (including Madden) and two men are scheduled to compete for platform qualifying spots at the NCAA Championships, held this year from March 27-30 in Austin, Texas.

Follow Jack Braverman on Twitter @jack_braverman and contact him at jackbraverman@alligator.org.

The UF men’s and women’s diving teams are competing in the NCAA Diving Zones B Region from March 10-12,