<p>Senior Caeleb Dressel and the men's team begins its title defense on Wednesday at the SEC Championships.  </p>

Senior Caeleb Dressel and the men's team begins its title defense on Wednesday at the SEC Championships.  

The men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams are in College Station, Texas, this week as they are set to begin the SEC Championships.

The championships begin on Wednesday and will conclude on Sunday. The men’s team comes in ranked No. 3 in the nation and the women’s team is ranked at No. 17.

The first swimming events will begin each day at 11 a.m. The diving events start at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday and then at 2 p.m. for the remainder of the championships.

The SEC competition is loaded with talented teams with eight men’s programs ranked in the top 25 and seven women’s programs ranked in the top 25.

The Florida men’s team has dominated this competition the last five years with five consecutive conference titles. The women’s team has not won an SEC championship in nine years. This would be the men’s 39th conference championship in school history and would be the women’s 18th.

The Florida men’s team will lean on seniors Caeleb Dressel, Ben Lawless and Jan Switkowski, while the women’s team will look for more solid performances from freshman Taylor Ault and sophomore Brooke Madden to be successful in the championships.

The meet will be streamed on SEC Network + from Wednesday through Saturday, and the finals will air on the SEC Network on Sunday starting at 7 p.m.

Follow Jacob McManamon on Twitter @jmcmanamon97 and contact him at jmcmanamon@alligator.org.