The last time the Gators swept a conference rival was about two weeks ago in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
The rally lasted for what seemed like days. Diving digs, huge swings and balls hitting off the low ceiling of the Volleyball Competition Center in Columbus, South Carolina. And it all ended with outside hitter Paige Hammons.
The No. 11 Florida volleyball team puts its undefeated SEC record on the line tonight in Columbia, South Carolina, when it takes on the Gamecocks at 7.
Arriving at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri, last December was a special moment for Dorman High School coach Paula Kirkland and then-senior outside hitter Thayer Hall.
More Volleyball Stories
- Gators sweep Alabama in Tuscaloosa
- Gators remain undefeated in SEC play
- UF to play LSU in midweek match
- Gators sweep Mississippi State
- Gators sweep Ole Miss in SEC opener
- Gators kick off SEC play with matchup against Ole Miss
- What we learned from the Gainesville Gator Invitational
- Florida completes tournament sweep with win over Army
- Florida volleyball’s 3 stars from Friday’s doubleheader
- Florida returns to Gainesville for home invitational
- Florida volleyball takes rivalry win in Tallahassee
- Florida takes on FSU in midweek matchup
- Three takeaways from the Gators’ weekend at the Lumberjack Invite
- Florida volleyball ends Lumberjack Invitational on a high note
- UPSET: Florida stunned by Northern Arizona in Day 1 of Lumberjack Invitational
- UF volleyball begins Lumberjack Invitational
- 3 things we learned from Florida volleyball’s weekend
- 3 things that helped the Gators take down the UCF Knights
- Florida gets first home win of the season over Louisville
- Gators fall in home opener