During typical times, the O’Connell Center would be packed in mid-September with fans hoping to see coach Mary Wise and the team finally win that elusive national championship they’ve been seeking for years.
People think that athletes from every sport have an offseason where they can rest. At a young age, though, athletes quickly learn that isn’t quite true.
Florida volleyball’s 2019 season will be remembered like a lot of its other seasons: A strong regular season before bowing out in the NCAA Tournament.
Coach Mary Wise knew one of her student managers for Florida volleyball was different than most quickly. In her 33 years of coaching, she had never seen someone so interested in the minute details of her program.
There was nothing seniors Rachael Kramer and Allie Gregory could do but watch the ball hit the hardwood, signaling the end of both the Gators’ season and their college careers.
More Volleyball Stories
- Florida advances to Round of 16 after win against UCF
- Florida advances to Second Round of NCAA Tournament
- Florida shares 2019 SEC title with Kentucky
- Gators roll through Razorbacks in sweep
- Gators dominate Bulldogs in sweep
- Monserez is shaping her own game
- After easy win against Auburn, Gators enter crucial stretch
- Florida skids past Auburn in 3-set win
- Florida with chance to rebound vs. AU
- UF drops 5-set heartbreaker, potential conference title to UK
- Gators sweep LSU as win streak hits double digits
- Gators find inspiration in newest teammate
- 3 takeaways for Florida following another 2-0 weekend
- Florida keeps rolling with win over Mississippi State
- Florida escapes Oxford in five-set thriller
- Florida gears up for matchup on the road against Mississippi
- Gators top Tigers in 5-set thriller
- Gators’ depth comes up big against Tennessee
- Gators’ explosive attack overpowers 'Bama in sweep
- Gators continue SEC play against Alabama and Tennessee