Filled with mesmerising visual art and music, the Miami music festival iii Points returned for its sixth installment after a 16-month hiatus. Taking place in the Wynwood Art District at the Mana Wynwood Convention Center, the festival set-up provided for musical experiences both inside and o…
On Friday, Gainesville residents are invited to reconnect with their inner child in the national tour of “Finding Neverland.” Before the show, actress Emmanuelle Zeesman gave us a sneak peak into a show she said is one of a kind.
Aquarius: With the beginning of the week came the start of Pisces season, meaning it’s time to meditate and start thinking in romantic metaphors. From Thursday to Saturday, Aquarius feels the need to step up their already intense social game, but don’t burn yourself out.
On Sunday, Feb. 24, the 91st Academy Awards, an event that has been fraught with controversies for its past few iterations, will decide the most noteworthy films of 2018. After #OscarsSoWhite in 2015, the subsequent boycott of many artists in 2016, the “Moonlight” and “La La Land” blunder in…
”Vice” is about power. It’s a dark comedy biographical movie about how Dick Cheney rises to become one of the most powerful, yet problematic, vice presidents of U.S. history.
A black man uses his white colleague to help him infiltrate and breakdown the Ku Klux Klan during the 1970s — sounds like almost everything could go wrong.
More Avenue Stories
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ rocks the big screen
- Gaga and Cooper shine in ‘A Star is Born’
- Was this your “Favourite” film of 2018
- When white people romanticize our histories we get films like ‘Green Book’
- Netflix’s ‘Roma’ gives the production company legitimacy in the art field
- Loving the feeling or feeling the love?
- Rom-coms for the most hilarious and romantic Valentine’s Day
- Galentine’s Day
- Dating Sim games for lonely hearts
- Five great date spots in Gainesville
- Pairs made in astrological heaven
- Inked in regret: How to handle a bad tattoo
- Avenue Eats: Let’s taco-bout it
- Unleash your inner wild cat: Neon Liger’s 11-year anniversary
- Series Review of the Week: Netflix's 'Dynasty'
- First SciArt showcase at Florida Museum of Natural History