<p><span>Gainesville residents will be able to stop at KINECTION for the second year in a row. </span></p>

Gainesville residents will be able to stop at KINECTION for the second year in a row. 

A new twist on the music festival is coming to Gainesville this Saturday.

KINECTION 2019 will be on Saturday, June 1 at Curia on the Drag. It begins at 6 p.m. Tickets are available to purchase online.

KINECTION is a traveling movement and music festival that combines different exercise and movement styles with live music.

Attendees can expect to be introduced to a variety of unique movement activities, such as acroyoga and human foosball, while also participating in a 30-minute workout and yoga sessions.

This weekend will be the second time the event is being held in Gainesville, as the city was a stop during KINECTION’s inaugural tour in the fall of 2018.

Gainesville is the first stop of the 2019 tour with Austin, New York City, and Boston also having events throughout June.

KINECTION predominantly features local artists, musicians, vendors and movement specialists.

Gainesville guests who are participating in the festival include yoga instructors from Flow Space, who will be leading workshops and breakout sessions, vegan food joint Radha’s Kitchen and local bands Tamayo and the Dolce Kings.

The festival began as an idea between friends Danielle Gertner and Sarah Gaines, who met each other online in early 2018. Together, they co-founded KINECTION.

Gertner, a Gainesville resident and former UF student, believes that Gainesville is the perfect place to host this event.

“We have so many incredible people, movement artists and musicians that are hidden, and I wanted to have an event that brought them together and put them in the spotlight,” Gertner said.

For Gertner, the purpose of the event is to expose people to new kinds of movement and to help them connect with their community.

“We are celebrating the energy that is created when you connect to your body, your mind and your community,” Gertner said. “So, when they come to these events, they are broadening their horizons to how they can connect to their bodies, their minds, and their communities.”

For more information on the event, check out their website at kinectiontour.com