Gainesville Fashion Week will be holding a runway show at The Enclave Apartments on June 28 that will feature summer and resort-wear trends. Down by the pool at The Enclave is where the runway will be.

The lineup of swimwear and resort wear will be from local boutiques Wolfgang Gainesville, FreeRide Surf and Skate Shop and also Target.

This free event is not only a fashion show, but a way to bring the community together, said Ching-Ya Ni, co producer of the show. 

This is the second GFW summer show— set apart from the first by live performances, which will include pole dancing mixed with yoga by Jacqueline Valdez.

“This will not be trashy pole dancing but, entertaining, to say the least,” Ni said. Not only will there be pole dancing, but also fire-spinning and hula-hooping by Alice Nimmo. 

Sixth Street Station will style hair to be laid-back or beach-sexy. Makeup for the models will be done by the Ulta team and a freelance makeup artist named Justine Smith.

Music will be provided by Swamp Records’ Bells and Ropes. 

Katherine Arellano, a 20-year-old resident of The Enclave Apartments, is excited for this event to happen especially because it is right outside her window.

“I mean, I already have so many bikinis, but I am always open to suggestions,” she said.

[A version of this story ran on page 11 on 6/19/2014 under the headline "See swimwear soon"]