<p>Fresh off the Farm will bring live music, food and garden tours to UF’s Field and Fork Farm and Gardens this week.</p>

Fresh off the Farm will bring live music, food and garden tours to UF’s Field and Fork Farm and Gardens this week.

Hannah Terzi sported a nude, loose-fitting tee with a forest green sketch of a six-inch, freshly picked carrot down its center.

But her green thumbs didn’t show as she wiggled them behind her neck and pointed to the words printed across the back of her tee: “Organic Sustainable Agriculture Club.”

“We actually work in the gardens three times a week,” she said.

The psychology sophomore said she has been a member of OSAC at UF since her freshman year in Fall 2016.

Terzi, 19, said the group works regularly with the UF Field and Fork Pantry, a program on campus designed toward helping any student or faculty member experiencing food insecurity.

She said club members work weekly at the Field and Fork Farm and Gardens next to the UF Bat House practicing organic farming and donating a majority of the produce to the Field and Fork Pantry.

Now OSAC and Field and Fork, along with the help of Student Government and the Culinary Arts Student Union, will celebrate its third annual Fresh off the Farm Festival from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Field and Fork Farm and Gardens.

“It’s really meaningful to me to see different parts of campus linking together to share experiences with food and with agriculture because it’s such an integral part of the way that we live,” Terzi said.

The festival is free, open to the public and advertised as a celebration of local food systems, farmers and agriculture, according to the event page.

Having attended the festival last year, Terzi said she is looking forward to the student garden tours, great food and the live music again.

“They made the most amazing food, and I’m vegan,” she said.

The Culinary Arts Student Union will also return to the event. Terzi said she can’t wait.

“Last year there was some jackfruit tacos, which was amazing,” she said.

But more than enjoying the food and music experience, Terzi said she loves encouraging others in the learning experience about organic agriculture.

“It’s really awesome for me to see people getting involved and invested in their own health,” she said. “That’s part of why I garden because I really think it’s important to take part in the food that you eat.”

Maris Silvestri, the president of OSAC, said she expects the turnout Friday to be larger than last year’s about 300 people.

“I can definitely see the event growing as more people are interested in participating as word spreads,” she said.

The continuation of the club and the work they do is exactly why Silvestri joined OSAC, she said.

The environmental science junior is passionate about people, agriculture and our community.

“It’s great to know that there are so many people passionate about sustainability, and together, we make this event what it is: an outreach to the community and a celebration of sustainably grown food,” she said.