<p>Karma Cream is one of the many Gainesville ice cream spots to celebrate this day.</p>

Karma Cream is one of the many Gainesville ice cream spots to celebrate this day.

With temperatures climbing into the high 90 degrees, a freezing cold cone of ice cream hits the spot. Gainesville is always notorious for its swampy heat, so make sure to check out these local ice cream shops to grab a cone (or cup!) to celebrate international ice cream day today, July 21st. 

Karma Cream

Calling all vegans! Karma Cream’s best known vegan ice cream is a great treat any time of day. With over 25 non-dairy ice cream flavors, this cafe will satisfy every sweet craving. Pair a cone with a strong coffee, such as an espresso or latte, and enjoy the perfect pairing of bitter and sweet. Karma Cream is located on West University Avenue a few blocks away from UF’s campus. 

Rating: 8/10

Price: $

Sweet Dreams of Gainesville 

Sundaes, shakes, floats and cakes; every form of ice cream imaginable is available at Sweet Dreams of Gainesville. If you’re by West University Avenue, keep an eye out for the enormous chocolate and mint ice cream cone statue marking the ice cream shop. 

Founded in 2004, Sweet Dreams of Gainesville aims to not only provide quality ice cream, but also build the Gainesville community through its partnerships with various organizations, according to their website. Sweet Dreams of Gainesville is also known for its special events, such as Chocolate Night, where it offers 42 chocolate flavors. Sweet Dreams of Gainesville also has an Ice Cream Firetruck, which brings its ice cream to the streets for its customers. 

Rating: 8/10

Price: $

Hoggetowne Creamery

Over 21-years-old? Hoggetowne Creamery’s 21+ alcoholic fudgesicles might be exactly what you need after a long day. Try a beer pop for a unique flavor. Kids can enjoy a cup of traditional dairy (or dairy-free) ice cream, sourced from local dairy farms. The modern interior is decorated with a complete ice cream theme; the door handles are shaped as ice cream cones and the counter sports a waffle cone pattern and a dripping pink ice cream. Enjoy your ice cream as you sit at an outdoor picnic table, or play a few arcade games and ski ball rounds with your friends.

Hoggetowne Creamery is open Tuesday through Sunday, but closed on Mondays. 

Rating: 8/10

Price: $$

D'Lites Emporium

Established in 2004 by Mike Roth and Cindy Noel, and now owned by Alison and Hunter Short, both graduates from the University of Florida Warrington College of Business, D’Lites Emporium’s ice cream recipe is one-of-a-kind. 

D’Lites low fat 12 ½ calorie per ounce treat is a great treat without the guilt. Flavors rotate every day, but chocolate and vanilla ice cream are always available. Enjoy D’Lites soft service ice cream seven days a week.  

Rating: 8/10

Price: $

Rock n Roll

Remember the viral videos of rolled ice cream curls? At Rock n Roll, you can taste the internet sensation for yourself. Alongside crepes and coffee, Rock n Roll offers a variety of sweet treats. Indulge your sweet tooth with a big bowl of rolled ice cream, and celebrate international ice cream day with a special treat from Rock n Roll. Vegan ice cream options are available.

Rating: 7/10

Price: $$

Michelle Holder

Michelle Holder is a second-year journalism student at UF minoring in entrepreneurship and a Metro reporter at The Alligator. She is from Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. In her free time she enjoys going to coffee shops and reading.