Kilwins Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt opens in Gainesville for the first time!

Get ready to chomp on some sweet, fudgy goodness because there is now a Kilwins Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt in Gainesville!

Not many know yet, but Kilwins recently opened a shop in Gainesville at Celebration Point and is hosting their grand opening ceremony on Saturday, serving sweet treats to all. The grand opening will feature a variety of fun activities such as face painting, raffles, prizes and even a picture booth for kids.

Students at UF can take a study break and satisfy those everlasting sweet cravings, as this location is only ten minutes from campus! With 34 flavors of ice cream to choose from, what more could you ask for? According to manager Felix Burgos, Kilwins provides a wide variety of flavors for people of all ages.

“There’s a good variety of flavor for all from grownups to kids,” Burgos said. Burgos worked as manager for both of the Kilwins locations in St. Augustine and is confident people of all ages will come flocking over once the word gets out that Kilwins is here-students, professors, families, etc. While business has been slow thus far due to the dead summer season, Burgos believes it should pick up once classes begin and all students are moved in and settled.

“It’s been average, kind of slow right now because of the season once classes begin,” said Burgos. “I’m excited to see the flow of people here, to see their interaction. We’re just waiting for that big crowd of students to come...I’m excited to see what the future brings for this business.”

After all, how could students not fall for Kilwins’ sweet temptations such as Sea Salt Caramel or Mint Chocolate Chip? Burgos predicts that Sea Salt Caramel will be one of the most popular flavors among college kids. His personal favorite? Toasted Coconut. According to Burgos, all of the ice cream is made in house, and the shop also features various gourmet chocolates, fudges and caramels. All recipes are exclusively homemade, including their more exotic flavors such as cake batter, praline pecan, superman, lemon raspberry and greek yogurt.

Kilwins will be open Monday-Saturday from 10:30am to 9:30pm and 10:30am-9:00pm on Sundays.