What may appear to be the Netflix’s version of “Dance Moms” proves to be an enlightening look into the life of a dance teacher and drag superstar.
“Disenchantment” left me feeling disappointed. While Netflix is trying to appeal to the inner child in growing adolescents, it just could not reach the level of greatness that its sister animated shows, “Bojack Horseman” and “F is for Family” have gotten to.
Chris Redd spent 15 years as a rapper in Chicago, sometimes sleeping late to skip breakfast and save money. Today, he’s an Emmy-nominated comedian, but it was the detours before comedy that built him into a “Saturday Night Live” star.
More Movies/TV Stories
- "Crazy Rich Asians": Better than ‘The Notebook’
- Series Review of the Week: Facebook Watch ‘Starter Pack’
- Weekly Event Calendar
- Series review of the week: Netflix’s ‘Last Chance U’
- Series review of the week: YouTube Red’s ‘Sideswiped’
- Series review of the week: ‘Hollywood Love Story’
- Series review of the week: Netflix’s ‘Explained’
- Cult classics and craft tacos
- Series review of the week: Facebook Watch’s ‘Five Points’
- Series review of the week: Amazon Prime’s ‘A Very English Scandal'
- Series Review: Hulu Original ‘The Looming Tower’
- Review: ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’
- Series review of the week: YouTube Premium’s ‘Impulse’