<p>”Dynasty” was renewed for a third season on Jan. 31. The high-brow drama is a reboot of the popular 80’s soap opera.</p>

”Dynasty” was renewed for a third season on Jan. 31. The high-brow drama is a reboot of the popular 80’s soap opera.

A show produced by The CW Television Network is getting a new wave of viewers thanks to its Netflix upload, which brought a new audience into an old storyline.

In 2017, news broke that an ‘80s soap opera classic was not only getting a reboot, but also a reimagining. The CW decided to take the well-known storyline and reimagine it for the modern world.

The original “Dynasty” was created as a prime-time television soap opera on ABC that aired in 1981. This program centered around the trials, tribulations and battles between members of the Carrington’s, a wealthy family in Denver, Colorado.

In September 2016, a pilot for the reboot season was ordered, and eight months later, in May, it was declared a full series for the CW Network in the U.S. and Netflix internationally.

The premise of the show is the same as its airing. It begins with heiress Fallon Carrington, played by Elizabeth Gillies, who is upset her billionaire father Blake, played by Grant Show, is engaged to her biggest rival Cristal Flores, played by Ana Brenda Contreras.

Fallon goes through many shenanigans and antics to separate the two but finds no success and must team up with her father’s enemy and former employee.

While the main storyline of the show is the same, there have been some modern updates to intrigue the new audience and introduce more aspects of diversity.

Some of those changes include moving the setting from Denver, Colorado, to Atlanta, Georgia; introducing Steven's homosexuality as a problem for Blake; and changing gold digger Sammy Jo from a woman to a gay man.

During its initial run, the series was critically acclaimed and won several awards.

The reboot of this critically-acclaimed series is perfect for those who love young adult drama, whether or not you know the origin story. Fans of shows like “90210,” “Gossip Girl” and “Pretty Little Liars” will find that “Dynasty” embodies all of those aspects into one very high-brow package with just as much drama.

What really makes this show different from the other dramas is the soap opera nuances and exaggerations that really draw you into the storyline.

Thankfully, anyone looking to binge the series that is disappointed by the limited number of episodes, you’re in luck because more is to come.

“Dynasty” was renewed for a third season on Jan. 31.