It’s time to slip on your favorite fishnet stockings; the cult-classic musical “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” is returning to High Dive on Wednesday.

The show, which is returning for the fifth time due to high demand, will include live action skits to accompany the musical presented by shadow cast performance group Frankie and the Pretenders.

Tiffany Griffith, the assistant director of Frankie and the Pretenders, said seeing the movie live with the interaction between the shadow cast and fans creates an exclusive experience that fans wouldn’t get by just watching the movie at home.

“We pride ourselves with being a little more unique with how much we like to include the audience and not just perform everything on stage,” Griffith said. “We also strive every year to make the show better, whether it’s adding new scenes, updating our costumes or building additional props. We want to give people a reason to keep coming back year after year.”

Griffith recommends fans of the show to buy tickets early, because they often sell out. There was so much high demand from fans this year that the show was extended to four nights, allowing fans to purchase tickets for the evenings of Oct. 4, 12, 17 and 25. Tickets range from $7 to $12, and shows begin at 9 p.m. or 10 p.m., depending on the night (The show on Oct. 12 will be the only night to start at 10 p.m.).

“It’s amazing to see the response this show gets from the community, as it has a very dedicated fan base and brings everyone out to play,” Griffith said. “We put a lot of love into making the show happen, so it’s a wonderful feeling when people get excited for it.”

Kristen Jackson, a 19-year-old UF civil engineering sophomore, said she’s only seen “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” movie at home. She’s wanted to see the musical live with friends for some time and figured now would be the perfect opportunity to do it.  

“I’m a little nervous about what will happen and if I’ll have to do anything embarrassing, but I’m excited,” Jackson said.

Griffith said first-time goers should not feel worried and that it’s simply a night to relax and enjoy themselves in a judgement-free zone.

“Come in with an open mind and expect a lot of off-the-wall fun, but don’t be intimidated,” Griffith said. “The show is kooky and fun and our troupe does a lot of audience engagement, but we’d never make someone participate who was uncomfortable.”

Griffith said there will be prop bags for sale for $1 which will help anyone who wants to get more involved with the show.

Cody Vaughn, a 22-year-old political science junior, stressed that, for a lot of people, “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” is more than just a musical.

“A “Rocky Horror” performance is always a great cultural event for the community that promotes acceptance and inclusion,” Vaughn said.

Vaughn said the musical has been especially impactful for him, as “Rocky Horror” depicts people being honest and true to themselves.

“Seeing this show has allowed me to be more open with myself and others about who I am,” Vaughn said.

The 18 and up performance, which will include dancing, audience participation and drinking games, will be sure to leave Gainesville fans shivering with antici…pation.