We’d love to give you all the details on these great events, but there just isn’t time! Gainesville is always buzzing with exciting local events, so don’t miss out. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s coming up:

Wednesday:

• High Dive is showing “Princess Bride” on Wednesday as part of its weekly cult movie nights with tacos from Soul Spice. The showing is free and festivities begin at 8 p.m.

• Union Street Farmers Market is a weekly event held on Bo Diddley Community Plaza from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Thursday:

• “Honey, We Drop The Bass” is a cover-free dance party presented by Kenfolk x LAViSH at The Atlantic beginning at 9 p.m.

• High Dive is kicking off the school year with a concert featuring indie folk rock band Family and Friends and supporting acts. The doors open at 8 p.m. and tickets are available for $10 in advance or $12 on the day of the show at HighDiveGville.com, Hear Again Music, the High Dive box office or at the door.

Friday:

• Catch local band Locochino and Miami natives Electric Kif at 9 p.m. Friday at The Atlantic. Tickets are available for $8 in advance and $10 on the day of the show.

• High Dive is hosting a local country music show with headliner Austin Hunter. The doors open at 8 p.m. and tickets are available for $8 in advance or $10 on the day of the show at HighDiveGville.com, Hear Again Music, the High Dive box office or at the door.

Saturday:

• First Magnitude Brewing Company is celebrating its 4th birthday with food trucks and live music from local favorites like Whale Feral and The Savants of Soul.

• With The Atlantic’s doors opening at 9 Saturday night, BiteMarks, Vacancy, JoyBoy, Gimme and Mildew promise a head banging show. Entry is $6 and $8 for those under 21.

• Saturday is 90s night at High Dive with a performance from Grind, an Alice in Chains tribute band. Doors to the show open at 9 p.m. and tickets are available for $8 in advance and $10 on the day of the show at HighDiveGville.com, Hear Again Music, the High Dive box office or at the door.

Sunday:

• The North Central Florida Blues Society Regional Blues Challenge will be held at High Dive on Sunday beginning at 3:30 p.m.. Entry is $5 and the winner will compete in Memphis late this year.

• Artspeak at the Thomas Center Galleries features poets and spoken word artists from the North Central Florida area. The performance is free and open to the public

Tuesday:

• This Tuesday night offers a night of comedy at High Dive. Doors open at 8 and tickets are available for $8 in advance and $10 on the day of the show at HighDiveGville.com or from the opening comics.

Emma Witmer is a third year journalism student and Avenue Editor for The Independent Florida Alligator. She covers a variety of entertainment including music, theatre, art and local events.