<p>Nick Brigandi, a 28-year-old employee at Mother's Pub &amp; Grill, pours a beer on Wednesday afternoon. Brigandi and other employees are preparing for all the business on St. Patrick's Day by wearing shirts from last year's festivities.</p>

Nick Brigandi, a 28-year-old employee at Mother's Pub & Grill, pours a beer on Wednesday afternoon. Brigandi and other employees are preparing for all the business on St. Patrick's Day by wearing shirts from last year's festivities.

The biggest drinking holiday of the year, St. Patrick’s Day, is just around the corner. Falling on a Saturday for the first time in nearly a decade, this year’s celebration of the Irish holiday is guaranteed to be one of the rowdiest to date. With no school or work to worry about, students and locals alike will be out in full force. So break out all the green gear your wardrobe has to offer; here are the best places to spend the holiday in Gainesville.

Swamppatrick’s Day 2018 @ The Swamp Restaurant

The Swamp Restaurant’s St. Patrick’s Day celebration may kick off the earliest of all: On Friday, March 16, the bar and restaurant will host their weekly Free Beer Friday with green beer and a green balloon drop at midnight. Along with Irish dancers at 5 p.m. and an annual bagpiper at 8 p.m. on St. Patty’s itself, there will be green beer pitchers, $5 Irish car bombs, $15 “lucky leprechaun liquor pitchers”, Jell-O shots, Irish food and much more.

St. Patrick’s Day @ First Magnitude Brewing Company

First Magnitude’s annual Clean Creek Revival, which benefits cleaning local creeks and waterways, also falls on St. Patrick’s Day this year. Starting at noon patrons can enjoy beers such as Time Out Irish Dry Stout, Irish Red Ale, Green Kiwi Sour, Mint Chocolate Stout and many more for a good cause. Irish bands Scuttured The Bruce and The Resonant Rogues will play from 4 to 7 p.m. and 8 to 11 p.m., respectively.

Original Gainesville Food Truck Rally @ High Dive

If you’re still going strong by 5 p.m., the Original Gainesville Food Truck Rally also falls on St. Patrick’s Day this month. Enjoy food trucks, live music, a silent disco and more, with the event raising money for Habitat for Humanity.

SOJA @ Heartwood Soundstage

Trade in Irish jigs for soulful roots reggae with SOJA, a Grammy-nominated, eight-piece band that’s made waves all around the world with smooth releases packed with passion. The show kicks off at 7 p.m. with supporting acts RDGLDGRN and Propaganajah opening. Tickets are available from $28 to $62 at heartwoodsoundstage.com/events.

The Disco Ball – St. Paddy’s Day @ The Backyard at Boca Fiesta & Palomino

If you’re somehow able to go through the night after a long day of partying, The Backyard is the place to be. Starting at 9 p.m., the bar will host The Disco Ball, a 70s and 80s themed event with funk, soul, disco and more from DJPFunk. Throwback outfits are encouraged. Entry is $5 at the door.