<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-ad4859ce-1b68-96a3-4de0-760fa149c074"><span>Jordan Lee Curtis</span></span></p>

Jordan Lee Curtis

A Gainesville man, who was being followed by police, stopped his car and yelled at the officer he was almost home — then he kept going, Gainesville Police said.

Jordan Lee Curtis, 19, was speeding in a dark-colored Honda at about 1 a.m. through Northwood Pines when a police officer turned on emergency lights and tried to pull Curtis over, according to the report.

Curtis continued to drive west on Northwest 53 Avenue, ignoring the lights and sirens behind him, police said.

Curtis stopped only long enough to open his car door, lean out and yell at the officer to turn off his lights and sirens because he was almost home, according to the report. Curtis closed the door and continued to drive for nearly a mile from where the officer started following him to his home, police said.

The officer handcuffed Curtis and searched his car, finding less than two grams of marijuana in two plastic bags, according to the report.

Curtis said he didn’t stop because he didn’t have a driver’s license. The officer found Curtis has never had a Florida driver’s license, according to the report.

He was charged with having no valid driver’s license, possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana and attempting to elude an officer. He was taken to the Alachua County Jail where he was released Friday morning on his own recognizance.

He could not be reached for comment.

Contact Robert Lewis at rlewis@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter at @Lewis__Robert.

Jordan Lee Curtis