Former UF quarterback Tim Tebow is Super Bowl-bound  —  but he won’t be on the field.

He will appear in a Super Bowl commercial with his mother, Pam Tebow.

The commercial, which will run for 30 seconds, was created by Focus on the Family, a nonprofit Christian organization.

The organization is not releasing any of the details of the advertisement until it airs.

“We want the ad to make an impact, and the more details that get out beforehand, the less the impact will be,” said Gary Schneeberger, a spokesman for the organization.

The ad was taped Jan. 4 in Orlando at Full Sail University, Schneeberger said.

He said the location was chosen for its technological resources and its convenience for the Tebow family.

Schneeberger also said it was unique for Focus on the Family to do a national advertisement, and that the commercial was funded through donations.

“Tim and his whole family are very outspoken Christians, very committed Christians,” he said. “It will be, I think, a very meaningful and inspiring ad for people to see.”

But some see the commercial as wasteful spending.

“I do think that it is a shame that Focus on the Family is spending millions of dollars when people around the world and our country need so much help,” said Staci Fox, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of North Florida. “I think it is questionable that they chose a Super Bowl ad as their priority.”

Gregg Brekke, spokesman for the United Church of Christ, also questioned why CBS decided to run the Focus on the Family ad.

Brekke said CBS did not run a United Church of Christ ad five years ago. He said he does not think CBS accepts religious advocacy ads.

But Shannon Jacobs, a spokeswoman for CBS, wrote in an e-mail that CBS ensures all ads are appropriate for the air.